Auburn Community Hospital (ACH) is a not-for-profit, 99-bed acute care facility located in Auburn, New York. As the sole provider of acute and general hospital services in Cayuga County and the surrounding areas, we serve a population of approximately 80,000 throughout the Finger Lakes region. More than 95% of the physicians on staff are board certified in at least one specialty.
Our mission is to provide compassionate, quality care and improve the health of our community.
To provide the best care for every patient, every time.
- Collaboration. We work with the people we serve, each other and our external partners to improve the health and well-being of our community.
- Accountability. We each take personal responsibility for our performance and the performance of ACH in meeting the healthcare needs of our patients and community.
- Respect. We treat customers, family members, co-workers, and community partners with dignity, sensitivity and consideration.
- Excellence. We aspire to achieve the highest standards for clinical and service quality and commit to continually improving our knowledge and skills.
Continuous Improvement | Our Quality And Performance Values
Our definition of continuous quality improvement is: The process of continually assessing and improving the quality of services for our customers. We define quality as meeting or exceeding customer expectations at a cost that represents value to the customer.
- Promotion of Wellness through Education. We will partner with our community to provide patients, community members and employees with programs and services that increase their control over factors that improve personal wellness.
- Quality Planning. Using customer feedback, we will design, adjust and continuously improve our service. By planning, we will focus our energy and resources on those improvements that will help Auburn Community Hospital achieve and sustain quality leadership.
- Education. We will each strive to continuously learn about quality and service excellence, the tools we need to achieve both, and how we can incorporate quality and performance excellence into our daily life.
- Excellence of Service. We will strive to meet or exceed customers' expectations and will respond to customer needs quickly, efficiently and graciously.
- Use of Quality and Performance Management Tools. We will use measures to plot our performance and progress to discover where we are, deciding where we want to be and determining how to get there.
- Effective Communication and Teamwork. We will engender a climate of respect, empowering staff to make decisions and giving them the tools and resources they need to get the job done. We will work as a team to efficiently complete our tasks and to eliminate barriers between departments.
- Patient Care. Improving patient care will be foremost in our minds. Working together, we will monitor and improve resource utilization, clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Utilization Management. Increased customer satisfaction and improved efficiency and clinical outcomes are our goals. We will strive continuously to discover better ways to do our jobs. By doing so, we will reduce waste, lower costs and improve service.