Together with Auburn Community Hospital’s team of medical professionals and support staff, a team of volunteers is on hand to help expand the services available to patients. Coordinated through our Volunteer Office, our volunteers provide an added level of support to the hospital’s many departments. In their role, volunteers help these departments deliver quality and compassionate care to our patients and the residents of Cayuga County.
Every year our volunteers donate their time and talents to the staff, visitors and departments of our hospital and continue to be our best advocates.
Collectively, our volunteers represent people from all walks of life and all corners of our community. Their reasons for volunteering are just as diverse and include:
- Interest in knowing more about medical fields
- Acquiring new skills
- Developing new interests or friendships
- Staying active and involved
- Experiencing the satisfaction of helping others
- Learning about our local healthcare facilities
Some volunteers have even been patients of the hospital. No matter who they are, they all reflect a desire to give back to our community. We have nearly 100 volunteers who help in multiple departments throughout our facilities.
There are many ways to serve as a volunteer at our hospital including our Junior Volunteer Program. From high school students with community service requirements to retirees with extra time to give back to the community, we have many opportunities. Some of our volunteer services include:
- Assisting our nursing staff
- Answering patient questions
- Providing clerical assistance
- Transporting patients for testing or discharge
- Running errands
- Assisting with resident activities at the Finger Lakes Center for Living
- Assisting the Gift Shop manager
- Providing support for our Spiritual Care department
- Delivering mail to patients
- Delivering books, magazines and newspapers to patients
We are always looking for caring individuals who are willing to help make our community hospital a better place for our patients. If you are interested in making a difference, please contact the Volunteer Office at (315) 567-0435 and we will gladly follow up with you shortly. Thank you for your interest in helping Auburn Community Hospital to provide quality and compassionate care to our community.
Finger Lakes Center for Living, an 80-bed Nursing Home Facility at Auburn Community Hospital, is also looking for volunteers. For more information, please call the Volunteer office at (315) 567-0435.
Hours of Operation
Located on the first floor of the hospital in the West Wing, our Volunteer Office is open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For More Information
To learn more about our volunteer programs and available volunteer opportunities, please call the Volunteer Office at (315) 567-0435.