Obstetrics and Gynecology Services
At Auburn Community Hospital, we strive to provide compassionate and comprehensive women’s health care by delivering specialized programs with individualized care. Our Obstetrics Program includes all aspects of maternity care, including pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum care. Our Gynecological Program focuses on the unique needs of women beyond obstetrics. Both programs are administered in collaboration with a woman’s primary care provider.
Members of our OB/GYN team include physicians and certified midwives supported by nurses with specialized training and all of the other resources of our hospital, we provide a comprehensive level of care for any patient need. For the increased safety of our patients and their newborns, many of our nurses are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) and other maternal/infant certifications.
OB/GYN services include a range of maternity services to address surgical, post-surgical, delivery, post-delivery, recovery and support needs. They include:
- Comprehensive gynecological surgical and post-surgical care
- Comprehensive labor, delivery, postpartum and newborn care provided by on-site midwives with the support of board-certified OB physicians
- The Stardust Community Birthing Center In Memory of John and Irene Bisgrove – a special home-like setting for delivering newborns to promote family bonding
- Epidural Anesthesia Services are available in the OB/GYN department 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Cesarean Section surgical procedures are performed in our OB/GYN operating room so that patients requiring this procedure do not have to transfer to a surgical ward
- Childbirth education classes are offered to help parents prepare physically and mentally for childbirth and parenting, and to acquaint them with our staff and facilities
- Childbirth educators, IBCLC certified lactation consultants and experienced nurses teach the classes
- Content includes hospital orientation, tour, stages of labor, childbirth, newborn care and breastfeeding
- Hospital tours are offered and recommended to help expectant mothers feel comfortable with their delivery (included as part of the Childbirth Education Series)
- Outpatient breastfeeding support services are available
- Collaboration with the Regional Perinatal Center through Crouse Hospital allows our physicians, midwives and nurses to obtain the most up-to-date education regarding maternal newborn care
NOTE: All classes are free to patients delivering their newborns at Auburn Community Hospital. A fee is charged for those who choose to deliver at another facility.